Saturday, November 3, 2012

Found


I couldn't help it, really I couldn't. A month or so ago, I was walking with Happy up the ocean road when I came upon a puppy in the garbage mound. I cannot walk by a puppy, in the garbage, by the side of the road. I knew she was abandoned - either by her mother or by her humans. It happens alot here. Animals are animals, very few are pets. Anyway, I did what I will always do. I picked her up and took her home.

Carl is never surprised by my entrance into the house with a random animal. Thank goodness (besides, he knows I have no desire to run a zoo - it's way too much work). I promptly called my animal rescue friend Sue who told me she knew the puppy and that there were more. Oh dear, more. Off we went, back to the Ocean Road to locate the other puppies. We found two more females, alive, not too far from where I found the first. Another was dead in the road. (I will not tell you how many animals I have seen dead, in the road, in the garbage, or on the side of the road)

The puppies were obviously healthy and the vet confirmed that when I took them in the following Monday. The vet had a friend who wanted a puppy. The gentleman came right to the office and promptly took one off my hands. My friend, Ashley, took the next one. And now, I have just one. One does not seem like a problem except for


and

We already have two and we all know that two plus one makes three, and in the case of dogs, we're running dangerously close to a pack. Honestly, if we were going to be here for years (which we're not), it wouldn't matter. But we head back in 8 months and I need this little one to be in a good, loving home, before we head out.

So, if you know anyone who wants a sweet, healthy, little puppy, have them give us a call.


No comments:

Post a Comment