Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Quilting again


I've started to sew again. For that, I am grateful. I felt I had lost my mojo on that one, but it's still there.

This quilt will go to a new baby here in Senegal. Carl asked me to make a quilt for his military friend whose wife had a baby a few weeks back. Baby quilts are generally quick and easy. This one is super simple.

My design is not original. I was inspired by Ashley, at the blog, Film in the Fridge.http://www.filminthefridge.com/2012/09/24/and-more-striped-quilts/. I am happy there are generous bloggers sharing their skills with the rest of us. And did I mention Ashley lives in Burlington? Way to go Vermont. I found her blog a long time ago and love the pictures of her quilts with Burlington as the backdrop.

Of the many quilts I have made, that's the first quilt I've ever posted on line. The next one is in my head, I'm just waiting for the fabric to arrive. It is, no doubt, on the slow boat to Africa.





No comments:

Post a Comment