Monday, September 5, 2011

It's been a while . . .




It's been a short while since I posted last. I have felt somewhat at a loss to post from Africa as I watched our beloved Vermont take the brunt of Irene. We are glad to hear our friends are doing well even as their communities have suffered great losses.

Carl spent a week in Italy (poor thing), so Matt and I held down the fort here. Needless to say, it was a quiet week for us.

One of our goals while we're here is to explore our surrounding community as well as the larger country. It would be easy for us to remain close to our house and not experience all there is and so we go, drive around, sit and listen, experience. And if a gorgeous sunset is thrown in, we won't complain.

I already have a favorite coffee spot (is anyone surprised?). Sweet Coffee. The name sais it all. Strong, very strong, Cafe Au Lait and a croissant. I have yet to visit one of the beach shacks that serve cafe in the morning, but I can only imagine a wonderful coffee at the ocean. It's on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment