Monday, September 5, 2011

Greetings


All,

Just so that you know, this is Laurie's blog and she is totally responsible for its content. She has graciously allowed me to post from time to time on things that I see from my perspective and that are important to me. I will try not to overstep my bounds.

I have said it before but Dakar is an amazing place. In spite of our difficult start, I remain convinced that this will be a great tour with many adventures along the way. We continue to keep an open mind and a willingness to learn about this culture in any way that it is presented to us.

For starters, we got to our home which is a 4 bedroom, 7 or 8 baths (haven't counted them all), single floor home. We ventured out to notice that the Atlantic is about 200 yards from the house. We found the above establishment which is called "Le Cabene de Surfer". You would never know that this place exists as it is situated on the rocks that fall into the ocean. Abdou is the bartender/chef and pours cold "La Gazzele" beer and serves some pretty decent food. Laurie's sunset photo is untouched and is an example of a typical Friday evening. Friends seem to need only a phone call and a small group forms. Pretty good. We do enjoy getting out and seeing what Dakar has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment