Tuesday, November 22, 2011

a month, really?

Who would have thought that a month could pass by so quickly with hardly a peep from us! I guess we'll just have to fix that, now won't we.


Our truck has finally made its way to us and for that we are grateful. Honestly, I had forgotten what it looked like! We now have the freedom to explore outside the city and see what the countryside in Senegal actually looks like. We are anxious to get to the game reserves to the south of us, all the while remembering to "stay in the vehicle!"


Of course, we'll need new armour for the adventures on and off these city streets. Carl's looking at a black rhino guard for the front grill. Not that we've seen any rhinos, but those taxis are pretty pesky. With the exception of parking, we'll be glad to have this larger, 4X4 vehicle.


Carl and I attended the Marine Corps Ball last weekend and had a lovely time. After the ball, I got my first opportunity to drive. As much as I usually choose not to drive after dark regardless of where I am in the world, the lack of traffic made it totally do-able. I haven't even attempted driving in daylight yet. Courage. That's what I need. Courage.

The weather has definitely shifted. It's just lovely - daytime temps in the low
80's, night temps in the 70's. And a breeze. Just right. With the shift out of the rainy season, our surroundings will quickly change from green to brown, with sand swirling and piling up everywhere.


Over the past week, we've been taking care of Abigail. Her family is in the states for the holiday. She would love the chance to chase both the peacock and the cat, but hasn't been given the opportunity for either activity. I doubt she'd be prepared for what the peacock could give back to her. It's better for us all if they don't connect.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment